12 August, 2009

The Procrastination-Driven Life

I've thought about starting a blog for awhile now, but every time I've gotten on the computer to do it, something distracts me.  I find a hilarious site I can't seem to navigate away from, or I quiz my life away on Sporcle, or I remember someone I've been meaning to look up on imdb and then I have to check the progress on Harry Potter 7 and the Arrested Development movie and...where was I? Oh yes, I get distracted far too easily and then by time time I remember what I logged on to do it's late and time to watch Entourage and/or Dexter. I mean, there are only so many hours in a day!

Anyhoodle, I was thinking about how I always joke about my procrastination, which I have truly turned into an art form.  I have thought for awhile that I would like to write a book a la Chelsea Handler or David Sedaris, and that I would call it The Procrastination-Driven Life.  This title is of course a play on the book called The Purpose Driven Life, which incidentally I have never gotten around to reading. I did start roughly writing my book, but I haven't gotten very far. Kind of like this blog.  So, here I am, sitting here and thinking about my procrastination skillz and what a loser I can turn into, and I remembered that I can't feel too bad about myself because I read somewhere in one of my psychology books that procrastination is actually a sickness and cannot be helped. Seriously! I mean, I'm sure there's some sort of cure for it, I just haven't gotten around to making that doctor's appointment to find out. Besides, I'm sure my psychology book has solutions and cures.  I'd look it up for a reference, but I really don't feel like getting up.


No comments:

Post a Comment